Belltowne Veterinary Center
Compassionate healthcare for pets
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
In 2018, there were roughly 300 confirmed canine heartworm cases in Washington of the 41,000 tested. The disease in Washington State has been rising annually, with Kitsap county reporting 23 cases in 2018. Heartworm preventives are available by prescription from veterinarians. Some preventives only prevent heartworms, some protect pets from heartworms and intestinal parasites, and some protect pets from many different parasites, including heartworms, intestinal worms, fleas, ticks and mites. Make sure your protecting your pet!
Happy with your service?
1) Refer a friend
Take advantage of our referral program! It's super easy:
2) You get $10 off your next service
3) They get $10 off their service
*May not be used with other offers. Restrictions may apply
Sign up to Earn rewards with each purchase of an eligible Zoetis product. Use these rewards to pay for any product or service at your pet’s next visit to see us. LEARN MORE HERE!
Class IV Laser TherapyA Class IV Laser emits a concentrated light beam that stimulates the cell and tissue growth and repair. It reduces damaging inflammation thereby helping to minimize pain and increasing healing potential. It can help patients with a variety of conditions ranging from painful arthritis to ear infections and wound healing. Please call us for more...
Dental CareDespite what many pet owners may believe, “dog breath” is not just a nuisance – it’s a sign of an unhealthy mouth. Bad breath is caused by bacteria. Over time, bacteria leads to plaque and tartar buildup on your pet’s teeth. The result is bad breath, reddened gums, and other common signs of dental disease....
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
We are from out of town, trying to find a vet for our anxious Weimaraner who has not been feeling well. The team was unable to get us in on Sat. But was able to have us come in first thing Sun. Morning. They also gave us a list of Emergency veterinarian clinics just in case. The staff was SUPER friendly and helpful with our 5 year old Weimaraner.
I brought my little Lucy in because she’s been having some trouble with sneezing, coughing and congestion. The staff was super friendly and cared for her with genuine concern. Dr. Heidi was kind, compassionate and explained everything thoroughly. I’d recommend this vet clinic!